The Marin County Coalition to End Human Trafficking is a public/private partnership of non-profit organizations, law enforcement, civic groups, county agencies and members of the public whose aim is to develop a regional and collaborative approach to end all forms of human trafficking. We identify resources that support survivors of human trafficking and help to hold offenders accountable.
In 2014, Marin County Human Trafficking Task Force was formed by Emily Simms, the Dominican Sisters of Dominican University, Community Violence Solutions, Soroptimist International of Marin County, the Marin County Human Rights Commission, and county agencies including the DA’s office, Probation, and Health and Human Services. This collaboration developed over the rising concern about human trafficking in Marin County and the lack of information that agencies had to deal with it.
The purpose of the Task Force was to raise awareness about human trafficking issues in Marin County. The task force developed protocol for different agencies and over 125 law enforcement employees were trained.
The Coalition Today
In 2016, the Task Force expanded and created a new name: Marin County Coalition to End Human Trafficking. The Coalition continues to increase awareness of human trafficking within Marin County.
The Coalition has 6 working committees:
- Steering Committee
- Public Awareness
- Law Enforcement
- Victim Services
Coalition meetings are held quarterly and meetings are open to the public.
Our next meeting is July 10, 10am-12noon.
Note new location: 20 North San Pedro Road, Point Reyes Conference Room, San Rafael CA
Non-Profit and Civic Organizations
- Sisters of Dominican University
- Latino Council
- Marin Organizing Committee
- Center for Domestic Peace
- Community Violence Solutions
- Soroptimist International of Marin County
- Soroptimist International of Novato
- Marin County League of Women Voters
Marin County Organizations
- Department of Health and Human Services
- District Attorney’s Office
- Probation Office
- Sheriff’s Office
- Marin Women’s Commission
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Belvedere Police Department
- Central Marin Police Department
- Mill Valley Police Department
- Novato Police Department
- San Rafael Police Department
- Sausalito Police Department
- Tiburon Police Department
Individual Community Members
- Kate Powers
- Gina Vucci
- Laurel Botsford